MSP430-GCC 6_0_1_0 is Released
Download MSP430-GCC 6_0_1_0
GCC 7.3.0, Binutils 2.26, Newlib 2.28, GDB 8.1
- Improved documentation in the source-patches package, and added an example build script.
- Added 64-bit Windows package.
- Updates to GCC compiler
- Added the latest GCC 7 patches. Changes in GCC 7 are available on the GCC website.
- Added alternative methods for specifying the location of the MSP430 GCC Support Files.
- The path specified by the MSP430_GCC_INCLUDE_DIR environment variable, and the "devices" directory in "$TOOLCHAIN_ROOT/msp430-elf/include/" are now also searched for devices.csv, header files and linker scripts.
- Interrupt functions can now be declared as static and will not be optimized out.
- MSP430-specific attributes can now be specified using "__ATTRIBUTENAME__" and "ATTRIBUTENAME" syntax interchangeably.
- Previously, bogus warnings and undesirable behaviour could occur when using the "__ATTRIBUTENAME__" syntax.
- Added new warnings when the "noinit" and "persistent" attributes are misused.
- Updates to GDB
- Updated GDB to version 8.1 from 7.11, which has added new features and bug fixes. Full list of changes added in GDB 7.12, 8.0 and 8.1 are available here.