MSP430-GCC 8_3_0_0 is Released
Download MSP430-GCC 8_3_0_0
GCC 8.3.0, Binutils 2.26, Newlib 2.28, GDB 8.1
- Updates to GCC
- Updated to GCC 8.3.
- For the full list of improvements to optimizations, compiler messages, new options and more, visit the GCC website.
- Fixed interrupt functions unnecessarily saving all callee-saved registers when the interrupt function calls another function. (Known Issue MSPGCC-39)
- Added alternate version of "__int20" type, "__int20__".
- __int20__ can be used in code compiled with options that enable ISO C standard checking (e.g. -pedantic), without causing warnings or errors about its use to be emitted.
- Fixed paths specified with -Wl,-L not being searched for the MSP430 MCU data file "devices.csv". (Known Issue MSPGCC-176)
- Fixed msp430-gcc support files sometimes not being found when installed into the "msp430-elf/include/devices/" subdirectory of the toolchain.
- Fixed inclusion of C runtime library functions not being dynamic with LTO. (Known Issue MSPGCC-156)
- Fixed identical interrupt functions being folded using the regular function
calling convention. (Known Issue MSPGCC-175)
- Functions marked with the interrupt attribute will not be cloned or folded.
- Enabled register names specified in "asm" statement clobber lists or in
command line arguments to be case-insensitive.
- For example, a lower-case "r" in "r4" can be used and GCC will no longer be report the register name as unrecognized.
- Updates to Binutils
- Fixed object attribute for data region overlapping with "OFBA_MSPABI_Tag_enum_size" mspabi attribute.
- Updates to Newlib (C Library)
- Further improvements to dynamic C runtime (CRT) functionality, reducing code
- Removed .init and .fini sections. Initialization functions in the .init_array section will be run before main is called (if this section is populated). .fini and .fini_array are unused.
- Updates to GDB
- Fixed packet error when flashing large files on some devices by increasing default "remotetimeout" to 10 seconds. (Known Issue MSPGCC-177)